Develop in Eclipse
Following is a list of plugins which may be useful for bedework development (or any other development for that matter)
Generally these are installed via "Help -> Software Updates -> Find and Install... -> Search for new features to install -> Next -> New Remote Site..."
A plugin which provides some basic editor features which seem to be missing from eclipse, e.g. change tabs to spaces.
In the above process add the url http://andrei.gmxhome.de/eclipse/
Subversion support. URL is http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.2.x
This seems to be available as part of the Europa rlease. However, I've had little success in getting it to work on linux so far.
Bedework is using java annotations to create various source files. The calendarapi project uses them to create icalendar related definitions and other tables.
When importing the project into eclipse, these generated resources need to be created either by manually running the build or by adding an ant run target to eclipse.
To add the ant run target after importing the project:
- In the navigator view, right click on calendarapi/build.xml and select "Ant build..."
- Type a name in the box: e.g. "Gen api annotations"
- In the targets panel select 'gensrc" and deselect "init"
- Select the Classpath tab
- Click the "Ant Home" button and broswe to the folder in teh quickstart containing ant
- Select the "Refresh" tab.
- Set "Refresh resources upon completion" checked
- Select "The project containing the selected resource"
- Click "Run" and the annotations build should run correctly.
The "Run" button on the menu mar should now contain a target for generating annotations.