Using Apple's iCal with Bedework
Apple iCal is a CalDAV aware desktop client that that integrates with Bedework. Bedework calendars are accessed from Bedework's CalDAV server.
1. In iCal's menu, select iCal -> Preferences.
2. Select the Accounts tab, and click the "+" in the bottom left to create a new CalDav account. Enter a descriptive name and your Bedework user name and password. The "Account URL" field should look similar to that shown below. Only descend down the Bedework calendar tree to the user name, and note that the trailing slash is mandatory. Some URL examples:
- http://localhost:8080/ucaldav/principals/users/vbede/ (e.g. using the quickstart locally)
Replace "BW" in the URL below with the name of your server, and select the proper protocol (http or https).
3. If successful, your account should be created as shown:
4. You should now see your Bedework items and be able to write to the Bedework server.