Bedework Calendar Sharing
Sharing calendars in Bedework is a two step process:
- User A must grant access on the calendar or folder to be shared
- User B must subscribe to the shared calendar or folder
Granting access to a calendar or folder
- Select the "manage" link next to Calendars in the left menu
- Select the calendar or folder to be edited
- Grant rights on the calendar or folder to the appropriate user or group
- Note: if you are granting "write" or "all" access on a calendar or folder, and you want to see events published by another user, you must grant yourself explicit access on the calendar or folder as well. Why is this? Because "owner" access (which is by default "All") applies to the events within the calendar collection, not the calendar collection itself. So, when User B posts an event to User A's calendar, User A will not see it by default because she doesn't own the event. User A must explicitly grant herself access to the calendar or folder (e.g. "All" access to user id "userA") to see these events. ***
***This is standard CalDAV access control which is based on WebDAV access control. Bedework will simplify this process in future releases using a calendar sharing wizard, hiding the complexities of access control from regular users.
Subscribing to another user's calendar or folder
- Select the "manage" link next to Subscriptions in the left menu
- Select the link "Subscribe to another user's calendar"
- Enter the following fields:
- Name: an arbitrary name for the subscription; this will be displayed in the left menu.
- UserID: the user id of the owner, e.g. caluser1
- Calendar Path: the path of the calendar relative to the calendar owner's root folder, e.g. "calendar". Enter no path to subscribe to another user's root folder.
- You can also specify the color for the subscription (style) and if the subscription should affect your freebusy.